Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Adulthood-Not a Sprinkle in Sight

Growing up may be the worst decision I've made.  Oh sure, I can eat a Twinkie for breakfast if I want now, but I also have to think about preventative dental care.  When I was in the single digits I thought being grounded or missing a sleepover was torture.  Turns out, a root canal and the subsequent  crown and bill are much more painful and enduring methods of punishment.  When I was in elementary school, I boldly announced my intention to pursue doughnut-making as my profession.  Note: I did not say doughnut-making as my job, or a baker as my career.  I was going to be a professional doughnut-maker.  As you may have deduced, my adult life has gone horribly astray from my childhood dreams.  There's not a doughnut internship to be found on my resume.  It's a pity, I think my dentist and I could have made beautiful cavities together.                                              

No comments:

Post a Comment